2015 Penalties for speeding in Queensland
- Less than 13 km/h over the limit: $151 + one point.
- 13 to 20 km/h over the limit: $227 + three points.
- 21 to 30 km/h over the limit: $379 + four points.
- 31 to 40 km/h over the limit: $531 + six points.
- More than 40 km/h over the limit: $1,062 + eight points and six month suspension.
Licence Suspension is automatic once you reach 12 points in 3 years, but the suspension period varies depending on the total points
Double demerit points apply in Queensland to drivers and motorbike riders who commit a second offence, where the speed limit is exceeded by 20km/h or more, within a 12 month period.