A driver in Capalaba, Redland City, recorded a breath alcohol level of 0.284 per cent on 1st January 2015
Speeding and drink driving have dominated Day 10 of the Queensland Christmas Road Safety Campaign.
- A driver in Capalaba, Redland City, recorded a breath alcohol level of 0.284 per cent
- The highest speed recorded during the time frame was 148km hour in a 100km zone on the Gateway Motorway at Mackenzie.
- A driver on the Warrego Highway at Hatton Vale, Lockyer Valley, was detected driving at 48km over the speed limit (148km in a 100km zone).
- A driver in Maryborough recorded 0.258
- A Nerang driver recorded 0.244 per cent
Police also impounded 50 vehicles across the state and conducted 23 positive roadside drug tests.
Phase 2 of the Queensland Christmas Road Safety Campaign commenced at 0001 hrs on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 and continues until 2359 hrs on Saturday, 3 January 2015.
This is part of a National Road Safety Operation entitled “Operation Crossroads”.
In the first 10 days of this operation there has been 1 Fatal Traffic Incidents with 3 Persons Killed.
The same period in 2013 was 2 Fatal Traffic Incidents with 2 Persons Killed.